In the Kokshetau Higher Medical College, the training of specialists in the specialty "Hygiene and Epidemiology" is carried out, the term of study is 2 years 10 months.
The necessary previous level of education in the specialty “Hygiene and Epidemiology” is general secondary education for those who wish to master the educational program.
Normative period of development of the professional educational program.
Graduates of this educational program are given the qualification "Hygienist-Epidemiologist", which allows future professionals to:
- to consult on the issues of preserving and promoting health, owning a method of promoting a healthy lifestyle;
- to increase the level of sanitary culture of the population;
- to take into account and monitor compliance with the requirements of the technical regulations of the Customs Union, which establish mandatory requirements for certain types of food products and related to the requirements of the processes of production, storage, transportation, sale and disposal;
- to monitor the state of the environment, fulfillment of established sanitary and epidemiological requirements for the maintenance of industrial, public, residential and other premises, buildings, structures, possess methods of collecting, analyzing and statistical processing of the information obtained;
- to carry out sanitary and epidemiological expertise in the field of sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population, according to hygienic standards;
- to supervise infectious and parasitic diseases;
- to evaluate the effectiveness of the sanitary-epidemiological measures taken;
- to carry out operational and retrospective epidemiological analysis of morbidity;
- to monitor the use of medical immunobiological preparations to increase the immunity of the population to infectious diseases.